California Convening for Educators and Grantmakers
November 3-4, 2009, CSU Dominguez Hills, Carson, California
- Agenda (.pdf)
- Campus Map (.pdf) - CSU Dominguez Hills
- DoubleTree Shuttle Schedule (.pdf)
- Seven-minute video of student interviews on GE and transfer: "Why Are We Doing This?"
- Some background on current priorities in higher education: "Cardinal Points"
Plenary Presentations (All files in PDF format.)
- "Can We Do Better?", Professor John Tarjan, Chair, Academic Senate CSU
- "Give Students a Compass: Inclusive Excellence, General Education, and Student Success", Carol Geary Schneider, President, Association of American Colleges and Universities
- "Educating for Flexibility and Creativity in the Global Economy", Dan Marcek, INFP Consulting
- "Charge to the Working Groups", Ken O'Donnell, Academic Programs and Policy, CSU Office of the Chancellor
Notes from the Working Groups
Draft notes from the four working groups are available here for comment and reactions from all those who participated. Also posted is a working document to inform a second Request for Proposals in case an expansion is successfully funded. The forums will remain open for comment until January 15, 2010, after which they'll become part of our final report to Carnegie Corporation of New York.
Photographs from the event are available here, with thanks to CSU Dominguez Hills and photographer Gary Kuwahara.
Audrey Green (College of the Canyons) and Rose Asera (Carnegie Foundation)
solicit ideas for integrative GE transfer packages.
Attendees whose travel will be reimbursed should use two forms:
- 2009 Travel Expense Claim Form (.xls)
- 204 Vendor Packet
[Choose resident (.pdf) of California or non-resident (.pdf)]
Mail the two completed forms with original receipts to:
CSU Office of the Chancellor
401 Golden Shore
Long Beach CA 90802