CSU Long Beach
The CSULB Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drugs (ATOD) Program has successfully developed innovative campuswide programs, services and resources for students through programming, outreach and awareness, and alcohol education and prevention activities.
Highlights of the ATOD Program include:
- Promoting safe and responsible decision-making skills about alcohol use and creating engaging awareness programs.
- Providing recommendations for programs and services on campus policies, education and intervention related to alcohol and drug issues.
- Conducting council meetings twice a year, which include representatives from Student Services, faculty and staff, and community representatives.
- Collaborating year-round with campus departments, including the the Residence Halls, fraternities and sororities, athletics, and various classrooms on campus during annual events and activities such as Resident Assistant Training, Student Orientation and Retention activities, Health Fairs, Welcome Week, Smorgasport, and Spring Break events.
- Distributing Alcohol Poisoning Door Hangers in the Residence Halls and the 21st Birthday e-cards along with animated films to raise awareness of safe parties and alcohol use. These actions have received positive recognition from both parents and students.
- Providing popular student services such as the e-CHECKUP to go for alcohol and marijuana online assessment, and AA meetings.