CSU Fullerton promotes comprehensive, collaborative and impactful alcohol education programming across campus. The following activities are conducted through the CHOICES program:
- Peer-to-peer workshops teach harm reduction and prevention strategies for alcohol use.
- Collaborative alternative activities are promoted throughout the year among Housing and Residence Life and Greek Life to deter alcohol use.
- The "Titan Up the Party" campaign promotes legal and responsible alcohol use and provides tips to incoming freshman and transfer students during New Student and Student Life Orientation.
- Local and campus law enforcement conduct saturation patrols to remove intoxicated drivers from the streets in and around campus.
- Greek Life mandates all new members attend targeted training on alcohol use prevention and education through the Greek 101 series.
- Campus-based student organizations provide events that raise awareness of the dangers and consequences of alcohol use.
CSUF also assesses student substance use through ongoing surveying and data collection and participates in the Safer California Universities Study, the American College Health Association—National College Health Assessment and the Healthy Minds Survey. Data collected assists in prioritizing campus-based initiatives, education and programming efforts and identifying students at risk. CSUF recently institutionalized the Suicide Prevention Task Force.
For more information, contact Mary Becerra.