As the representative voice of the CSU's 2.8 million alumni, the Alumni Council plays an active role in helping to shape CSU policy and participating in strategic decision-making.
The Council, comprised of alumni directors and representatives from all 23 CSU campuses, utilizes its combined resources to represent and support the interests of the campus alumni associations, alumni and the CSU by:
- Promoting and engaging the CSU and its alumni;
- Advocating for the CSU; and
- Facilitating the professional development of member associations.
The Council's Role in Systemwide Policy
Members of the Alumni Council meet regularly with CSU leaders and participate on systemwide committees to ensure that alumni are represented. The Alumni Council designates a representative to the following:
- The CSU Board of Trustees
- The Systemwide Budget Advisory Committee
- The California State Student Association
- The California State University Systemwide Academic Senate
- The Alumni Council president and members of the Executive Committee meet the chancellor and vice chancellor to discuss CSU priorities and the Alumni Council's efforts to promote and protect the interests of the CSU.
- Alumni Council representatives participate in presidential search committees.
- The Alumni Council president or the president's designee is a member of the selection committee for the Hearst Trustees Award for Outstanding Achievement.