CSU Accessible Electronic and Information Technology (E&IT) Procurement Training
When: Tuesday, December 12, 2006
Time: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Where: LAX Crowne Plaza Hotel -
For guest room accommodations please call 800-980-6429 and ask for the "CSU" rate of $89.
What is the cost?
Attendee registration is $55. Registration fee includes lunch.
Who should attend?
This training is for those responsible for the implementation of the various components of the Accessible E&IT procurement on their campuses such as procurement staff, IT staff, ADA compliance officers and those who need a more detailed view of what the procurement requirements involve. Campuses are encouraged to bring and share resources that may be helpful in implementing this priority.
What training topics will be covered?
- How is accessibility in electronic and information technology achieved?
- What are the Section 508 standards and why are they needed?
- How to request/research for accessibility information from vendors?
- How to apply Section 508 requirements to various purchasing scenarios?
- How to apply and document the exceptions below:
- Commercial non-availability
- Fundamental alteration
- Undue burden?
- How to document what you're doing?
- What are the available tools and resources?
- What to communicate to requestors (purchasers) of electronic and informationtechnology about accessibility requirements?
- What to do when there is a complaint about inaccessible products?
- Information to Vendors - CSU Accessibility Requirement
- CSU Guide to Completing the Voluntary Product Evaluation Template (VPAT)
- Procurement 101 Presentation
- Assistive Technology Presentation
- Participant Guide