"From Where I Sit" Video Series
Ten Most Common Student Suggestions: To Ensure Equal Academic Opportunities
- Make textbook decisions as early as possible but certainly prior to the required campus book adoption date.
- Allow students to choose their seat locations and change these locations if necessary.
- Prepare and distribute instructional materials and lecture outline--including posting these materials in an accessible format online--prior to the class in order to facilitate learning.
- Show only videos that have been closed-captioned.
- Ensure inclusiveness in the classroom and discourage stereotypical behavior.
- Explain the goals and objectives of the class at the first session.
- Use multiple methods to present your material such as visual aids to accompany lectures.
- Provide alternate ways to demonstrate knowledge of content.
- Be open to communicating with students about their learning styles.
- Remove physical barriers where possible.
It is essential that all students be held to the same academic standards.