Philanthropic Support 2010-11
Private support helps the CSU open access to a broad and diverse student population, build technologically advanced libraries and classrooms, and support innovative teaching models and partnerships.
- Donors committed more than $344 million in new gifts, new pledges and testamentary provisions.
- Individual donors surpassed 222,000.
- Alumni donors made up 32 percent of individual donors and contributed $39 million.
- Giving from organizations increased by 15 percent, including 12 gifts of $1 million or more from foundations and over 3,000 matching gifts from corporations, to enhance the value of individual contributions by nearly $1.3 million.
- CSU endowment market value surpassed $1 billion and experienced an increase of 10 percent in new gifts to endowments.