Philanthropic Support 2009-10
Private support helps the California State University open access to a broad and diverse student population, build technologically advanced libraries and classrooms, and support innovative teaching models and partnerships.
- Donors committed $265 million in new gifts, pledges and testamentary provisions.
- The number of individual donors surpassed 220,000.
- Alumni donors made up 32 percent of giving from individuals and contributed over $43 million with an average of approximately $600 per gift.
- Corporations increased funding by 11 percent, had four gifts of $1 million or more, and matched over 3,000 gifts to enhance the value of individual contributions by almost $1.5 million.
- CSU endowment market value increased 18 percent and reached $846 million.