CSU Approved Subject Matter Programs

Liberal
Studies
Child
Development
Bilingual
Emphasis
Other
Bakersfield          
Dominguez Hills          
Chico          
Fresno          
Fullerton          
Hayward          
Humboldt          
Long Beach          
Los Angeles          
Northridge          
Pomona         1
Sacramento          
San Bernadino          
San Diego          
San Francisco          
San Jose         2
San Luis Obispo          
San Marcos          
Sonoma         3
Stanislaus          

* - All campuses have several "depth of study" concentrations within the Liberal Studies major.

1 - Philosophy

2 - Creative Arts, Environmental Studies, Natural Studies, Social Studies

3 - Environmental Studies, Mexican American Studies

Subject matter verification: In 1996, approximately 57% of CSU's credential students had completed approved subject matter programs. The remaining 43% were required to take the MSAT examination.

Source: Commission for Teacher Credentialing (1996-97)

Prepared by: Ken Furternick, CSU, Sacramento (October, 1997)

Webified by: Dustin Johnson, CSU (February, 1998)


 

Source: CSU Analytical Studies
*Total CSU enrollment for the Liberal Studies major was 18,726 in 1996.
This major ranks as CSU's 4th largest.
Prepared by: Ken Futernick, CSU, Sacramento (October, 1997)


Source: CSU Analytical Studies
Prepared by: Ken Futernick, CSU, Sacramento (October, 1997)

Back
 
Content Contact:
Candy Friedly
Office Manager
Institute for Education Reform
California State University, Sacramento
6000 J Street, Sacramento, CA 95819-6018
tel 916.278.4600
fax 916.278.5014
cfriedly@calstate.edu
Technical Contact:
webmaster@calstate.edu

Last Updated: October, 1997

  IER Home