BOARD OF TRUSTEES RESOLUTION(S)
Subject: Banking Services Reference: RFIN 9-73-19
RESOLVED, By the Board of Trustees of the California State University and Colleges,
that the following criteria for the operation of banking services on campus are
1. The campus president may request permission of the Chancellor after he
determines there is a need for such services in appraising the adequacy of
banking facilities available in the general area of the college.
2. Adequate nonstate funded facilities should be available to house the banking
program. State funded and constructed facilities should not be utilized for
banks, even if they have been declared temporarily in excess of the needs of
the college. This should not preclude, however, available vacant land being
leased for banking purposes on a temporary basis while nonstate funded
facilities are being constructed.
3. Banking services provided on campus should be available for all students,
staff and organizations of the college community.
4. The interested bank must apply for and receive the necessary approval of the
appropriate bank regulatory authority. Any approval granted will be on the
basis of the criteria normally used by the Regional Comptroller of the
Currency or the State Superintendent of Banks, whichever is applicable, for
5. The campus desiring banking services on campus must be agreeable to accept
the specific bank receiving approval of the appropriate regulatory authority
if that bank will agree to operating terms established by the campus.