Eligibility Health Care
Reimbursement Account (HCRA) Plan
To be eligible for the Health Care Reimbursement Account
(HCRA) Plan, an employee must be in an Executive, Management Personnel
Plan, Confidential or other nonrepresented position, or be covered
by a collective bargaining agreement that provides the benefit.
Currently, employees covered by a collective bargaining agreement
are eligible to participate.
Back to top
Employees appointed in the following classes are ineligible
to participate in the HCRA Plan (unless concurrently appointed in
an eligible class):
- Student classifications (0100, 1150, 1151, 1152, 1868, 1870, 1871, 1872, 1874, 1875,
- English Language Instructors (CSULA Only) - 1350, 1360;
- Teaching Associates, Summer Term - 2324;
- Graduate Assistants (2325, 2326, 2355);
- Instructional Faculty, Summer Sessions/Terms - 2160, , 2282, 2390, 2402, 2457;
- Instructional Faculty, Special Programs for Credit - 2322, 2323;
- Faculty Unit 403(b) Deduction Monthly - 2337;
- Instructional Faculty, Designated Discipline - Extra Quarter
Assignment (2367), Instructional Faculty, Extra Quarter Assignment
- QSYRO (2368), Instructional;
- Faculty, Executive Committee, Academic Senate (2394);
- Trade rate employees;
- Special pay classifications (1800, 2322, 2323, 2356, 2357, 2362, 2363, 2365,
2974, 4660,, 8347, 7930, 7940);
- Rehired Annuitants, including FERP participants;
- Employees appointed without a timebase, in any classification
(e.g., intermittent, indeterminate); and
- Any person who performs service for the CSU solely as an independent contractor.
Please refer to appropriate CSU Technical Letter(s) for complete instructions.
Go to top