California Community College Transfers to the California State University System
List of Tables
Tables take a moment to build
1. This report is based on the Student Enrollment File (ERSS) of the Enrollment Reporting System.
2. The census date for this report is the close of the third week of instruction for campuses on a quarter system and the fourth week of instruction for campuses on a semester system across all terms that comprise the college year. Enrollments are in terms of the net number of students actively enrolled on the census date.
3. The college year includes fall and spring semesters for campuses operating on the semester calendar, or summer, fall, winter, and spring quarters with a quarter calendar. The college year begins with the summer quarter and is followed by the fall, winter, and spring terms.
4. Two of the campuses are on a quarter system that includes a winter term,
while the remaining campuses are on a semester system. CSU Stanislaus
became a semester campus in college year 2010-2011. CSU Bakersfield
and CSU Los Angeles became semester campuses in 2016-2017. CSU
East Bay and Cal Poly Pomona became semester campuses in 2018-2019.
5. Students identify themselves by ethnicity in one of the following groups:
- African American. All persons descending from any of the black racial groups of Africa (except those of Hispanic origin).
- American Indian or Alaskan Native. All persons descending from any of the original people of North America, and who maintain cultural identification through tribal affiliation or community recognition.
- Asian American. All persons descending from any of the original peoples of the Far East, Southeast Asia, or the Indian Subcontinent. This area includes, for example, China, Japan, Korea, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, Taiwan, India, and Thailand.
- Filipino. All persons descending from any of the original people of the Philippine Islands.
- Mexican American. All persons descending from any of the original people of Mexico.
- Other Latino. All persons descending from any of the original people of Central America or South America , including persons having origins from Cuba, Puerto Rico, other Caribbean Islands, or other Spanish culture or origin, regardless of race (except Mexican American).
- Pacific Islander. All persons descending from any of the original peoples of the Pacific Islands (except Filipinos). This area includes, for example, Hawaii, Samoa, Tahiti, Guam, Fiji, and the Marshall Islands.
- White. All persons descending from any of the original people of Europe, North Africa, the Middle East (except those of Hispanic origin).
- Two or More Races. All persons who self-identify as more than one race.
6. Enrollments are summarized by ethnic group after first excluding "Nonresident Aliens" (Visa Students). Students having an ethnic group code of "All Other Responses," "No Response," and "Declined to State" are grouped together in this report as "Unknown."